Breadcrumbs

MLG Strut Service

More
14 Jun 2021 16:11 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic MLG Strut Service

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2021 11:27 - 14 Jun 2021 11:44 #2 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic MLG Strut Service
Thanks Matt! It is a 415C (converted to D).  Is that something that is user-serviceable? By that I mean is there any special equipment needed or can I do it myself? 
Last edit: 14 Jun 2021 11:44 by Randy Branson.

More
14 Jun 2021 09:57 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic MLG Strut Service
you don't say what model you have, but if it is a 415C thru G, then it came with rubber doughnut style gear "springs" They break down over time and need to be replaced, there is also the fluid part of the strut that is over looked, but that will not effect the level of the gear,
415-33115 need 4 per strut, $10 ea from univiar.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
14 Jun 2021 09:33 #4 by Randy Branson
MLG Strut Service was created by Randy Branson
I noticed that I cannot balance the fuel levels on both wings so I can make a "calibrated" dip stick.  Plus, if I fill the tanks to within 1/2 to 1 inch of the top, fuel flows out of the vent on the right, regardless of which tank is filled first.  My mechanic asked if I knew if the distances from the wing tips to the floor were the same or not.  Well, they differ by quite a bit.  The right wing tip is about 3 inches lower than the left.  He said the struts need to be serviced.  Great!  What does that entail?  How much $$$$.  Depends on what needs to be done, he said.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to equalize the MLG struts?  Obviously, fairings off but then what?  I want to be sure I'm not paying for a lot of stuff that's not necessary.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds