Breadcrumbs

Pandora's box aka the black hole

More
22 Nov 2022 09:21 - 22 Nov 2022 09:22 #1 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Pandora's box aka the black hole
Please see my post about "Oil Pressure Drop To 0" for the follow-up to this post.  I didn't realize I started two posts with the same initial subject matter.  

Bottom line, 3 new cylinders, lots of frustration and expense, several cowling and baffle removals.  Fixed the problem....mostly!
Last edit: 22 Nov 2022 09:22 by Randy Branson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2022 13:52 - 22 Nov 2022 09:19 #2 by Randy Branson
Pandora's box aka the black hole was created by Randy Branson
Well, I decided to try and get rid of the annoying oil leaks.  We went with the low hanging fruit first...the push rod tube covers.  Got a kit from Real Gaskets Tennessee.  Upon removing intake valve covers, gaskets shot and nut rusted to stud.  .  Removed pushrods and noticed cylinders leaking oil (note oil build up and caking on the bottom of the cylinders).  Now pulling all 4 of them to replace gaskets.  My compressions are all in the high 70's, so I hope pulling the cylinders doesn't screw that up. 

I was hoping beyond hope that we'd avoid opening Pandora's box and heading down the black hole of replace this and replace that.  But here we go!  HOPEFULLY, all of this will resolve the pesky oil leakage and constant mess.  

FINGERS CROSSED!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Nov 2022 09:19 by Randy Branson. Reason: clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds