Breadcrumbs

Fuel pump

More
19 Mar 2023 02:15 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Fuel pump
That is right Larry, those deposits fall off to screen when the pump stops when the engine is turned off. Bits of rust and what have you from the fuel system. And sometimes there it water in the mix. Vern has the kits for when the top is removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2023 16:29 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Fuel pump
The screen is supposed to be cleaned at every annual.

More
11 Mar 2023 16:19 #3 by Melvin Hall
Replied by Melvin Hall on topic Fuel pump
Try cleaning it first, I seem to have had the same issue today, my main tanks still had fuel but my header tank was was using fuel faster than the pump could replenish. I'll also look at the screen, unless my mechanical fuel pump is going bonkers. Who sells new mechanical fuel pumps for Ercoupe 415 85C

More
01 Mar 2023 00:12 #4 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Fuel pump
Ron, call Vern he has the parts required..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Holmes

More
22 Feb 2023 23:45 #5 by Ron Holmes
Fuel pump was created by Ron Holmes
Looking for information on a 415C 85 Fuel Pump (AC).  There is a screen at the outlet side of the pump and I would like to know if this screen replaceable or do I just clean it?  I have included a picture of the inside of my fuel pump for a much better explaination than my verbiage.
I noticed that my header tank was not keeping up with the outflow with the wing tanks still containing fuel.   This evening I looked in the pump and the screen appears to be almost completely covered in 'stuff'.  It got to dark in the hangar so took a couple of photos and headed home.  I looked at the photos and that's when I saw 'stuff' on the screen. (I think)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds