Breadcrumbs

Propellers

More
02 Dec 2018 03:26 #1 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Propellers
PS If you don't have all of your historical records that may cover to prop installation, you should order the disc from OK City for $10. my last ones received excellent service, very prompt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2018 03:19 #2 by Edward Moore
IIRC I think he also owns the old Aeromatic prop, post WW2 days and sometime back he was still doing a few of those if the customer had certain now non- available parts. I'm saying this because he's probably like me in the twilight years and may not be active!! Did Univair give any more info? If the type certificate was transferred to another Air Certification Office and you can locate, they could probably help determine status of your prop. Any type certificated item has to reside with an ACO with generally a cognizant engineer/contact assigned.
Case in point, the Ercoupe type certificate is under Denver ACO and the cognizant Engineer is Roger Caldwell. If you are in a make or break situation with your IA, you may want to call Roger with your problem (if he hasn't retired) - he's actually a member of EOC and you can find his phone number in the members listing IIRC.
What paperwork authorized your prop installation since I don't see it on the TCDS? Had to be an STC or field approval which would cause the paper to have an ACO approval.
Just trying to help - I have experience with similar situations.

• Chris Harrington
  • Topic Author
01 Dec 2018 17:34 #3 by Chris Harrington
Replied by Chris Harrington on topic Propellers
Turns out Univair sold Flottorp to an outfit called Tarver Propellers, which seems to be a one man shop in Nevada, and hasn't, so far, returned email or phone messages.

More
23 Nov 2018 03:21 #4 by Edward Moore
You've got an old, old one - the younger prop folks! Call Univair they bought Flottorp - Flottorp was one of the first prop makers dating back to the early 1900s. I don't recall there being a note taking them out of service.
Edd

• Jack Arthur
21 Nov 2018 12:59 #5 by Jack Arthur
Replied by Jack Arthur on topic Propellers
I just spoke to Maxwell Prop shop in Minn. and the person there has never heard of that prop.
Jack

• Chris Harrington
  • Topic Author
21 Nov 2018 11:04 #6 by Chris Harrington
Propellers was created by Chris Harrington
An A&P, not my regular mechanic, has told me that all of the armor coated Flottorp propellers had been 'taken out of service' but neither he nor I can find any AD's or Service Bulletins or any other information on these propellers. Does anyone have any experience with these?

The propeller in question is a model number 74A50 with the .030" plastic coating, installed in 1983.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds