Breadcrumbs

Something to keep a eye out on, Fuel lines from wing tanks

More
24 Dec 2018 14:35 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Got the cat track installed on the edges of the holes, then closed the openings with silicone, and guess what, a major draft went away. I flew the plane yesterday over to DeerValley, where I work as a QA inspector, to weigh it and while I was enroute I was feeling around the left side of the seat to try and track down a major draft and to my surprise, it was GONE. Now if I can get the *)(&&^(^*&%^ radio to quit action up..

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2018 06:20 #2 by Larry Snyder
I don’t see you on the blocked list of the FB page. You’re not a member of the group but you should be able to join. We ask one simple question to join, but that’s it.

More
17 Dec 2018 21:43 #3 by Matt Gunsch
I pulled the floor boards this evening and was taken back by what I had found, Both fuel lines from the wing tanks where they enter the fuselage were pushed down down to the point they were touching the lower side of the opening in the skin. It appears it is fairly recent as there was not much damage to the lines, I am going to go after them tomorrow with a smaller mirror to get a better look at them. If they are still serviceable I will but some caterpillar track around the opening and then silicone to maybe stop some of the drafts in the cabin.

since someone banned me from the facebook ercoupe page I will post this here and hope it helps someone.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds