Breadcrumbs

Sun Shade for the Ercoupe/Forney F1

More
09 Apr 2020 20:38 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Sun Shade for the Ercoupe/Forney F1
I have that on my Coupe, as Ronald said, it can be a pain when carrying a passenger, but it can be removed when not wanted.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve McNew
07 Apr 2020 20:51 #2 by Steve McNew
Replied by Steve McNew on topic Sun Shade for the Ercoupe/Forney F1
Lazy me - I use a slap-on static cling thing, on the regular window. Wag Aero, I think, is cheapest. Also cut one into long triangles, to make a shade for the top of the windscreen. Has worked nicely for at least the past 3 summers. Steve.

More
07 Apr 2020 11:05 - 07 Apr 2020 11:07 #3 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Sun Shade for the Ercoupe/Forney F1
I had one of these in my plane when I got it. I took it out because it was kind of a nuisance. It slid in the same track as the sliding doors. If passenger/pilot want to board from both sides, you have to push it back and forth to get it out of the way.
If you look at my picture, you can see the sun shade. It is slid all the way to the passenger side so I could get in for the photo.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2020 11:07 by Ronald Raty.

• Thomas Vorpe
  • Topic Author
06 Apr 2020 15:27 #4 by Thomas Vorpe
Sun Shade for the Ercoupe/Forney F1 was created by Thomas Vorpe
Greetings all, I hope everyone is well during this ...time of caution. I have seen a YouTube video with what I believe to be a sun screen for the Ercoupe. It looks like its an extra piece of Plexiglas that is sitting in the same tracks as the pull up windows on each side.

Im trying to understand how this is installed or used....does it go in after everyone is on board, then installed and then uninstalled to exit the airplane?

I have seen the sun shade offered by Univair with an accompanying image but that doesnt help with my ignorance as far as its operation goes.

see link for UNIVAIR... www.univair.com/ercoupe/view-all/ercoupe...fT7wsoRoCgokQAvD_BwE

Also, is there a separate frame that needs to be procured for the shade.

Thank you in advance.

Tom

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds