Breadcrumbs

Cabin Carpet Pros/Cons?

More
26 Mar 2021 14:51 #7 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Cabin Carpet Pros/Cons?
by pulling all the vacuum system I saved 13 lbs, I had 2 venturies, artificial horizon, DG, TC, Vac gauge, Vac regulator, and all the hoses. but them I lost it by installing a smoke system, but the smoke is more fun to have....

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2021 12:31 #8 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Cabin Carpet Pros/Cons?
Steve-Removing the vacuum system (venturi, instruments) and going with an electronic display is a good weight saving method. I gained several useful pounds putting in a GRT Mini GA and pulling the vacuum pump, plumbing, and instruments. The AV-30 would allow you to do the same.

More
25 Mar 2021 20:08 #9 by Steve DeBrosse
Replied by Steve DeBrosse on topic Cabin Carpet Pros/Cons?
Thank you Larry and Matt for your help. I decided to hold off on ordering the floor carpeting for now. I just went with the new seat cushion and the cowl pad for atop the panel. I am considering doing the extended baggage kit STC during my annual and want to hold off on adding too much more weight. Perhaps if I'm able to go with the AV-30 and remove some of my heavier instruments and venturi, I'll reconsider.

More
23 Mar 2021 07:23 #10 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Cabin Carpet Pros/Cons?
I think the weight is negligible. But after 15 years my carpet is worn down to very thin. I’m due to replace it. My wife likes to fly barefoot, and the carpet is nice.

More
23 Mar 2021 07:04 #11 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Cabin Carpet Pros/Cons?
Mine had carpet, I took it out, does not change the noise level enough to notice (doesn't everyone wear headsets ?) but carpets are like people, they gain weight as they age. I sanded my floorboards and gave them several coats of clear urethane, if you want to dress them up, you can but some brass floorplates down, I used a kick plate from a door and cut it down the middle length wise,

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
22 Mar 2021 21:47 #12 by Steve DeBrosse
Cabin Carpet Pros/Cons? was created by Steve DeBrosse
I am redoing the interior on my 1947 415-CD this year. My current plans are an Airtex seat kit and the carpet "cowl pad" that goes between the panel and the windscreen. My side panels are in reasonable condition, so the plan is to keep those for now.

I currently have a wood floorboard with no carpet. Does anyone have a rough estimate of the added weight of the Airtex carpet? Does it help significantly with cabin noise level? I am trying to get every pound out of that plane, but at the same time, I'd also like to get it quieter. Otherwise, I don't mind the look of the wooden floorboard. 

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds