Breadcrumbs

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

More
09 Nov 2022 13:32 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Total Solar Eclipse 2024
I hope to meet soon with folks at the Ozark Folk Center to discuss logistics for both our 2023 fly-in and the 2024 eclipse. The chamber of commerce doesn’t seem responsive but I was told the mayor is making plans so I’m going to meet with him. The state has created a web site and I hope it gets updated soon.

www.arkansas.com/things-to-do/outdoors/skygazing/2024-eclipse

I feel things are moving too slowly. I hope we at least get things squared away at the airport.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2022 12:52 #2 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Total Solar Eclipse 2024
Larry,
Any movement on the Solar Eclipse fly-in in 2024?

Randy

More
18 Apr 2022 19:54 #3 by Kenneth Crofut
Replied by Kenneth Crofut on topic Total Solar Eclipse 2024
Sounds fun. Looking forward to your posting about ramp reservation and hotel, motel locations the EOC will be staying at.
Ken N87207

More
18 Apr 2022 10:46 #4 by Larry Snyder
Total Solar Eclipse 2024 was created by Larry Snyder
On April 8, 2024, we will have a total eclipse of the sun, one of the longest times of totality will be in good old Mountain View, Arkansas! 

During the last eclipse airports in the zone of totality were flooded with folks flying in to see it. We plane to make Mountain View a fun place to fly in and see the eclipse. The airport will be working with the city to come up with entertainment and fun for the event. Last time some airports required reservations for ramp space. Keep watching this topic as plans are made! The time of totality starts around 12:35 pm on April 8, 2024!

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds