Breadcrumbs

Trip to Galveston, TX

More
25 Oct 2022 15:32 #1 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Trip to Galveston, TX
Larry, that reads like a really nice trip. Looking forward to some trips as soon as my plane gets out of maintenance. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2022 16:52 #2 by Larry Snyder
Trip to Galveston, TX was created by Larry Snyder
I just got back from visiting a friend in Galveston. What a nice place! If you like seafood, it's the best. And the approach to Scholes International Airport is really pretty.

Scholes airport has a tower, but they are not real busy. They were very helpful getting me in and out, and it was a little tricky since runway 18/36 is closed for renovation. But the folks are friendly and the Island Jet Center won't mess with your coupe once it is tied down.

So seafood, beach, ferry rides, shopping, breweries, and more await in Galveston. We were there early in the week, I understand it can get crazy busy on weekends. There are amusement parks all around too (Pleasure Pier and more).

We flew in from Batesville, Arkansas, with a fuel stop in Minden, Louisiana, going down. Flight time was about 5 hours all the way down.

Coming back we ended up flying over a really low overcast, and we believed what Foreflight told us about it clearing up once we got into Arkansas. We ended up landing at Camden, Arkansas, for fuel. When we were going to leave, radar showed big storms over our home airport, so we thought we'd kill some time by flying to Hot Springs and having a BBQ lunch at McClard's BBQ. 

Once the storms moved off to the east of Batesville it was an easy trip home. 

I'm hoping to make a couple more trips like that before the year ends!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds