Breadcrumbs

North east florida fly in

More
17 May 2024 09:38 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic North east florida fly in
David,

Here are my thoughts on getting something going at your field. There are two kinds of events:

1. Regular breakfast or lunch fly-ins. These would appeal to folks in maybe a range of 100 miles or so. These take work and you need a core of 3-4 people committed to it.

2. An annual “big” event. Here in Mountain View Arkansas I try to have a 2 or 3 day event once a year. We figure on around 10-12 airplanes and 30-40 people. We have a seminar, a fly-out somewhere, an ice cream and pizza party and a small banquet. I try to include everything, including a T shirt, in one registration fee. I’m proud to say we managed to include two breakfasts, and two dinners and a T shirt in our $65 fee last year. If anyone else would have such an event I would make every effort to be there! If you’d like to do one, I’d be glad to give you all the wisdom and advice I can muster!

Good luck!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2024 08:34 #2 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic North east florida fly in
From you, everything is "norther and wester". (LOL)

Florida does have a lot of coupes, but so do other states. Check out: tinyurl.com/gnth3y2 (from the front page at ercoupe.org) that shows coupe distribution (admittedly a few years old).

As of Nov '22, Texas has mote EOC members than Florida with California right behind. There's certainly a bunch out there and having fly-ins is a great way to get folks engaged. Good luck!

More
17 May 2024 08:10 #3 by David Gilson
North east florida fly in was created by David Gilson
This is extremely preliminary, but, I have a hagar in Hilliard Florida on a public grass strip 01J. This is a very lonesome and quiet airport that the local community wants to see more active. The airport manager is a volunteer and recently had a BBQ for no particular reason that was pretty well attended. I could probably arrange something with him for us to get together. I'm also in the beech aero club and I'm gonna see if they would have any interest with a cross contamination event with both clubs. As a recently minted wing commander (look at me) I wanna try to do my part. It seems the fly ins are norther and western but most of the coupes are in florida. If it were to happen I would thing minimum of fall or winter of this year. Give me some feedback.
thanks 

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds