Breadcrumbs

Header tank fuel gauge

More
20 Nov 2022 00:10 - 20 Nov 2022 00:21 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Header tank fuel gauge
I believe the enclosed one was a Forney add to. The bent wire was the thing with older aircraft. I remember my Dad's 30 something had the bent wire. An Aeronca C3, a flying bathtub with so many flying wires and 3 jugs engine. If it did 85 mph I would-be surprised!
Last edit: 20 Nov 2022 00:21 by Warren Hampton. Reason: more to say

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2022 22:51 #2 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Header tank fuel gauge
I have the same setup, just a bent wire on a cork... Mine is inside and never flies in the rain, so I don't worry much about it... my left wing tank is the same... I calibrated the fuel level in the tank with the wire... I still stick the tank with a paint stick before each flight and I have a pretty good handle on the fuel at this point. My bladder is full before the tank is empty... And good luck with your airplane....

More
18 Nov 2022 08:34 - 18 Nov 2022 08:35 #3 by John Recine
Header tank fuel gauge was created by John Recine
My 415-c model coupe has a header tank fuel gauge thats a piece of bent wire. I’ve seen some
with bent wire only and others enclosed in a clear capillary tube. What is the correct one, my s/n is 774 so I’ve no idea what’s the correct one. Naturally if it’s period correct to have the enclosed one or if there’s one available I would be interested in acquiring one. Please advise. Thank you all for your insight for a newbie 
Last edit: 18 Nov 2022 08:35 by John Recine.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds