Flight Planning Software

More
11 Jun 2024 14:56 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Flight Planning Software
skyvector.com/ and it is free

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2024 10:03 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Flight Planning Software
Thanks for the comments. I like iFlightPlanner and at $40 is kind of attractive. I’ll try FltPlsnGo and check t out. Kind of hard to change after 14 years! I really like Foreflight’s weather tools.

More
18 May 2024 22:54 #3 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic Flight Planning Software
Larry, I'm old school. I use a colored marker to draw a line on my VFR charts.
On my computer I use AirNav to print out proposed airport fuel stops.
The navigator (my sweet lady) uses ForeFlight to monitor our progress and
find airport info when the wind alters our planned stops , which always happens.

More
18 May 2024 14:41 #4 by Bob DeMunck
Replied by Bob DeMunck on topic Flight Planning Software
Larry, I use iFlyGPS. Easy to use and the last subscription cost me $99 for VFR per year.

More
17 May 2024 17:53 #5 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Flight Planning Software
For your iPhone and iPad look at the free FltPlanGo app (fltplan.com for desk/laptop). Wifi or cellular will transfer route information from the web site to the app, as well as file flight plans. You can get a version of iflightplanner with AOPA membership. I find that handy along with skyvector.com for planning online. It's easy to transfer the routes to the Garmin Aeras and between apps and web pages, but sometimes lat/long information needs a different format-i.e. decimal instead of degrees/minuets/seconds.

More
17 May 2024 06:58 #6 by Larry Snyder
Flight Planning Software was created by Larry Snyder
I was wondering what software you all use for flight planning. I have been a user of Foreflught for 14 years, but it gets pricier every year. It started out as a simple flight planning app for the iPhone and iPad but over the past 14 years it has become a complex behemoth that offers way more than I need. It's about $125 a year now,

I have kept it the past few years for two reasons. First, I could use it in flight on my iPhone to get weather and traffic via a Stratux. Now I have an aera 660 and GDL39 so now I get traffic and weather on my GPS display. So I don't need that any more. Second, and more importantly right now, I use it on my iPad (which I don't take on the airplane) to plan my trips. It lets me visually plan a trip, select waypoints, altitudes and other flight parameters. I would like to replace Foreflight with a less expensive, flight-planning-only app.

I am trying out iFlightPlanner that I can get with an EAA discount of $40 a year. Looks like there will be a learning curve (I'm stuck in Foreflight mode, since I've been using it so long).

Any other suggestions on how you plan flights? I guess there is always VFR charts, a pencil, and an E6B. 

Naaaah.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds