Breadcrumbs

Headset clearance

More
09 Jul 2022 19:43 #1 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Headset clearance
I’m also 5’11” and have plenty of clearance with a David Clark or my Lightspeed Zulu 3. It all depends on where your length is. If you have shorter legs and a longer torso, You could well lose some head clearance.
Some guys will shave an inch or so of foam off their seat bottoms. I have the laces of my seat back totally undone so that I lean back a little. Maybe that helps with headroom.
And I don’t know if there’s any difference between the Ercoupe and the Forney in this regard.
But yes, an “in-the-ear” headset may be the best solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2022 15:51 #2 by Bob DeMunck
Replied by Bob DeMunck on topic Headset clearance
You may also want to look at the Clarity Aloft and the Faro in the ear headsets for comparison. Just to give you some options.

Both should have booths at the airshow as well.

More
06 Jun 2022 18:34 #3 by Jeff Shackelford
Replied by Jeff Shackelford on topic Headset clearance
Thanks for your reply. I did see the one he uses. I’m going to take a look at the halo qt that looks just like that. Might even be the same one. Might be something to pick up at oshkosh this year.

More
06 Jun 2022 15:26 #4 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Headset clearance
Take a look at James Good's youtube videos and observe his headset... Might be just what the doctor ordered for clearance...

More
06 Jun 2022 09:54 #5 by Jeff Shackelford
Headset clearance was created by Jeff Shackelford
  Just wondering how many other people are having the same problem as I. When I have the windows up my headset rubs on the window. I have a Forney F1a with bucket seats. I am only 5’11”. Trying to figure out if I should buy yet another headset (i have 6 already) or modify the seat. 
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds