Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe 3D Files

More
23 Apr 2024 20:01 #1 by James Good
Replied by James Good on topic Ercoupe 3D Files
Cool, Larry! My son got a 3D resin printer for Christmas... And I thought it would be good to have an Ercoupe to print out. I found one on thingyverse, but wasn't too happy with it. So designed my own model. 300 test prints later (!), I'm offering them for sale on www.ercoupetv.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2024 10:50 #2 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Ercoupe 3D Files
It's on this website. Look under Documents->Miscellaneous->STL

More
14 Mar 2024 10:41 #3 by Eric Ingram
Replied by Eric Ingram on topic Ercoupe 3D Files
Thanks, I'll have to try it out! Do you have it posted on a site like Printables that you could share the link to?

More
13 Mar 2024 08:35 #4 by Larry Snyder
Ercoupe 3D Files was created by Larry Snyder
I've put together some 3D models (.stl format) of an Ercoupe. One is a complete Ercoupe, but it's very difficult to print on your typical printer because there are no flat spots to put on the print bed. So I split it into halves. Now I can print the halves then glue them together. It makes for much nicer models. I use supports (touching buildplate) because of the main landing gear and the vertical stabilizers. Those parts are very delicate, so I use very light supports (like 8% density). The trick is to get the supports off without damaging the MLG or vertical stabilizers. It's possible! 

There is also a version with a loop on top for hanging I'm attaching a picture of the one I printed using glow-in-the dark filament that I use as a pull on a light over our kitchen sink.

Since I can't attach an .stl file here, I'm asking the webmaster to put it in the documents folder. Look for the .stl files there.

Hope someone can have fun with these!!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds