Breadcrumbs

Com Radio

More
05 Dec 2022 23:43 #1 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Com Radio
209-204-1848

To date I don't know what a good radio sounds like... I have been flying for about 9 months and my old radio is pretty scratchy... but I think I am all talk when it comes to getting it taken care of... I have options and haven't used any of them yet... Soon Thanks Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2022 21:43 #2 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic Com Radio
Ron,

I would be delighted to send you photos of the ATR500 radio and the entire new panel if only I could figure out how to attach photos to these forum posts. Send me your email address or smart phone number and I'll get them to you.

Tim

More
05 Dec 2022 14:46 #3 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Com Radio
I would sure like a copy of those photos if you still have them available. I just need another item on the airplane to spend money on... I have discovered there are hundreds of them... 209-204-1848

Thanks , Ron

More
14 Oct 2022 17:25 #4 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic Com Radio
Gordie,
I recently replaced my entire instrument panel. Among the things I wanted to do was get rid of the old radios that were hanging beneath the panel where my knees like to hang out. I bought two used Becker (Funke) ATR-500 radios. See attached photo. They are shallow, about 7" deep and only 2.25" in diameter, and weigh practically nothing. If an avionics tech fabricates the harness behind them to fit in only about 1/2" then you can install them anywhere on the panel before impacting the header tank. My avionics installer wanted to use a standard harnes that was a little too deep so we ultimately decided to install them at the bottom of the panel where they are below the tank. You can get them on the used market for about $400-$600. Mine work great and the light weight contributed to me reducing my aircraft weight by 30 pounds when the panel was completed. I can't see how to attach a photo here so if you send me your smart phone number I'll text you photos. 619-750--4289
Tim

More
25 Sep 2021 14:19 #5 by Gordie Meade
Com Radio was created by Gordie Meade
Is there a com radio that will fit in the space formerly occupied by a CDI? I had a com 1 failure and would really like to have a backup available. I think I would also need an audio panel that would be short enough to fit in the top of the panel behind the header tank. Any ideas?

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds