Breadcrumbs

Torque pounds for bolts on a prop install on a C85

• Morris Pearson
25 Mar 2021 17:57 #1 by Morris Pearson
Replied by Morris Pearson on topic Torque pounds for bolts on a prop install on a C85
The bolts are probably AN6-34A bolts. The standard torque for an AN6 size  AN365 elastic lock nut is 160 to 190 inch pounds. I have seen tapered shaft engine with elastic stop nuts and with drilled bolts and with castle nuts with cotter keys. A call to McCauley would probably be a good idea. Also do not reuse the AN65 nuts if they have been previously installed and torqued.  You mileage may vary and I am not an A&P IA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2021 01:10 #2 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Torque pounds for bolts on a prop install on a C85
I have the metal prop on a tapered shaft C85. The prop bolts are as you describe, except mine are drilled at the threaded end, have castle nuts and are wire tied. They came as a prop bolt kit from Univair

More
21 Mar 2021 23:06 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Torque pounds for bolts on a prop install on a C85
For the prop, see if you can find the prop manual, if not, call a prop shop and see if they can help. You might be able to find a cap at www.then-now-auto.com I believe our pump is the same as a 34-37 Series 40 Buick.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
21 Mar 2021 16:30 #4 by Thomas Ryan
Replied by Thomas Ryan on topic Torque pounds for bolts on a prop install on a C85
Metal prop, Tapered shaft, six bolt from the rear of the flange, nuts on the forward face, no safety wire, just nylon locking nuts. Also, leak in the upper side of the engine fuel pump, looks like someone used a screwdriver to open the lid and now there is a dent in the seal, gas pours out where that dent /cut is, where is the best place to get a new or rebuilt fuel pump? I doubt the cut/dent can be filed smooth.There is a way to fix that, but I don't know what it is. this is a pressure fuel system.

More
20 Mar 2021 23:20 #5 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Torque pounds for bolts on a prop install on a C85
what prop ? taper shaft ? flange shaft, wood ? metal ?

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
20 Mar 2021 19:27 #6 by Thomas Ryan
Odd to me but, the nuts on the prop go on the face of the prop, no safety wire, bolts come in from the back side, so what are the required torque pounds for these nuts.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds