Breadcrumbs

Alon brake system

More
11 Feb 2020 18:42 - 12 Feb 2020 16:05 #1 by Jack Lawless
Replied by Jack Lawless on topic Alon brake system
I will try to take a picture of it and post it here. As to how it worked out, when you pull the handle it's like you just hit the three wire.

Ok Here are brake pics
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Feb 2020 16:05 by Jack Lawless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kevin Whitcomb
10 Feb 2020 22:36 #2 by Kevin Whitcomb
Replied by Kevin Whitcomb on topic Alon brake system
So how did it work out? Love to see some pics of the install

More
04 Oct 2017 00:27 #3 by Jack Lawless
Ed, that would be it. Same position as a Johnson bar. I think they first were offered on the Forneys. It has a white square button on the end you use to set as a parking brake. I flew one set up like this back in 1962 when I got my private. As I remember they work very well. Any pointers you have on them would be appreciated. By the way, I got the paperwork on this setup from Univair.

More
03 Oct 2017 23:11 #4 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Alon brake system
Jack, I think that's the system installed in my 415C - some paper work missing. Does yours have the integral parking brake incorporated and are you familiar with the operating procedure? If not, I can give it succinctly - I'm a slow key puncher so won't do it now. Think you will like the system - just like the old "Johnson Bar" flap handles in the early 172s.

Edd

More
01 Oct 2017 14:23 #5 by Jack Lawless
The 337 mounts under the instrument panel between the panel and the header tank it appears. The factory handbrake I am using mounts to the main spare frame just ahead of the trim. It is convenient. You pull up on it similar to an auto hand brake. The holes for mounting the brake control were already pre-drilled by the factory. So no modification is necessary, just bolt it in place and hook up the brake hose. I have the parts out being powder coated to match the rest of the interior.

More
01 Oct 2017 12:50 #6 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Alon brake system
How does it compare to the 337's drawing? found here in list.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds