Breadcrumbs

Oil usage

More
20 May 2021 16:25 #1 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Oil usage
Compressions, oil pressure, all good at this time! Amazingly strong running C85 engine IMHO! Based on flying and owning five Bonanzas and one Debonair over twenty-five years. Thanks for the reply, Larry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2021 19:52 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Oil usage
You’re in pretty good shape. I believe the Continental limit for C-85 oil consumption is one quart every 2.8 hours. At that limit you are at the “fill it with oil and check the gas” stage. Makes cross country trips a real pain!

My plane has 1400 on the bottom end and 1600 on the top and I get 10-12 hours per quart. Getting 8 isn’t bad.

As long as compressions, oil pressure, and oil consumption are good, you’re in good shape!

More
19 May 2021 19:32 #3 by John Farrell
Oil usage was created by John Farrell
Have only owned this Ercoupe N94865 (1948 415E) for about 8 months.  Using about one quart of oil in eight hours.  C85 engine is past TBO. Bottom overhaul done about 1250 hours ago. All cylinders have been either replaced or O/H since the mid 90's and as late as 2011-15.  What is maximum oil usage should these engines get before considering a top or major?   No major leaks noticed noticed. Has an oil filter.  

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds