Breadcrumbs

Left tank fuel gauge

• Fernando Serra
  • Topic Author
11 Oct 2022 19:54 #1 by Fernando Serra
Replied by Fernando Serra on topic Left tank fuel gauge
Send me your mailing address and I will send it to you. I removed it and had the tanks repaired and sealed. I will send you the sending unit and gauge used. I am not sure if they work as I never had them running due to leaky tanks. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2022 03:07 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Left tank fuel gauge
37 years of ERcoupes and Alon Aircoupes, Do not screw with the FAA ! There is an STC for Electric fuel pumps now. Fernando. There should have been a 337 for your pump if not It's not legal...I two would like to look at the panel to see the fuel level I pull a light over one of my planes gauge It Helped a lot. It nis all about you and the person who sign-off your annual. There is a lot of give and take.

More
08 Oct 2022 14:22 #3 by RP J
Replied by RP J on topic Left tank fuel gauge
As a new certified plane owner who is still working on getting a pilot license its discussions like this that I find confusing. I understand there needs to be extreme attention to every detail but the reality I have discovered, in a few days of plane ownership, is that there are so many loopholes and lack of critical reasoning among the certified plane processes that iit is arguably more of a risk to own a certified plane than an experimental. Having to worry about something as simple as a fuel sender install ruining certified plane status to the point of having to uninstall it and make the plane un-arguably less safe makes me think 'what is the point of the system?'.

If you remove this sender I will purchase it from you. I am considering converting my ercoupe to experimental exhibition so I can bring it up to my safety standards which are MUCH higher than the faa standards.

More
14 Jun 2021 14:43 #4 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Left tank fuel gauge
I believe the gauge for the main tanks on most models was a single float gauge on the left tank, visible through an opening in the cockpit side panel. Both main tanks were plumbed together prior to the fuel pump so the one gauge was good for both. I believe there is a difference in the mounting bolt pattern between the Ercoupes and Alons but none of them were electronic, just mechanical floats. I would prefer and electric gauge because the float gauge on my Alon is tough to see in flight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fernando Serra

• Fernando Serra
  • Topic Author
14 Jun 2021 11:56 #5 by Fernando Serra
Left tank fuel gauge was created by Fernando Serra
Continuing discovering undocumented features added to my new acquired coupe fuel system in addition to the electric fuel pump which can't find any reference to see if there is an actual STC available or not. As I removed the wing tanks for service, I noticed there is a fuel sender unit on the left tank. Does anyone know if it requires an STC . I see that univair sells the sender unit,  so curious if it was part on new fuel tanks (9 Gal) which the left one is a 9 gal. tank or should I have it removed as tanks will be service since I have no stc record. Of courser there is a wing tank fuel guage on the panel as well. univair par 415-48114 ERCOUPE 12 HOLE FUEL GAUGE www.univair.com/ercoupe/parts/415-48114-...-12-hole-fuel-gauge/

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds