Breadcrumbs

Performance Requested

• Brady Buttterfield
  • Topic Author
06 Aug 2021 13:27 #1 by Brady Buttterfield
Replied by Brady Buttterfield on topic Performance Requested
Thank you! I have been running every other day to trim down for a couple more gallons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2021 16:24 #2 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Performance Requested
Get a stop watch and and a long runway. have someone watch and mark were you come off the ground at 65mph and 70mph rotation. When you pop it off at rotation, hit the stop watch and climb out at , 65, 70 and 75mph noting altimeter at 60 secs. Gives you a ball park feet/minute climb.
I'm about 260lbs, and with full tanks 9,9,6 gallons my 1946, 948 lbs metal wings and Continental 75hp with 1600 since major work and I'm in and out of a friends airpark grass field with trees at each end no problem, elevation 1000' 80degree days.

Feel it out at a longer runway and find your comfort numbers. My personal comfort zone is 2500' runway
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brady Buttterfield

More
28 Jul 2021 20:51 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Performance Requested
You are not going to find tables for Coupes like you will for a newer plane. this might be as close as you can get
www.univair.com/content/ERC_IL03.pdf.

As far as loosing weight, start by cleaning the inside belly of the plane, then look in the mirror and start there, we all can stand for some reduction.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

• Brady Buttterfield
  • Topic Author
28 Jul 2021 09:55 #4 by Brady Buttterfield
Performance Requested was created by Brady Buttterfield
Hello Folks. 
Moving this to Tech Help.
I am seeking accurate takeoff & landing, and cruise performance data for my new-to-me 1946 C running a C-85.  I haven't found traditional performance graphs yet.  
I will be flying out of 1W1 Grove Field (429') with a 2,700' runway with plenty of 50' obstacles growing around the field.  My plane has an empty weight of 935 lb with a gross of 1,320 lb.  I will be flying often with my wife and my son, but with 300 pounds of pilot/passengers, I'll be managing my fuel as much as possible to stay below gross.  I want to make sure we are safe on those hot days!

I also will be looking to reduce weight as much as possible too. I would love to strip out the vinyl/carpet interior and see where else I can save weight. Any tips for removing weight?

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds