Breadcrumbs

Introduction and 415C Instruments

More
08 Nov 2021 19:25 #1 by Terry Reece
Replied by Terry Reece on topic Introduction and 415C Instruments
Hi Shawn,
I’m over here in Colville, I just bought a Ercoupe and want to up grade panel. Not getting to much response yet here.
I up graded s Swift panel a few years back, and my experience was, it all depended on you AP doing your annual and maintenance..stay in touch.
Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
19 Aug 2021 22:46 #2 by Shawn DUFFEE
Replied by Shawn DUFFEE on topic Introduction and 415C Instruments
Thank you Matt. I will bring it up with the folks here, when we get there.

More
18 Aug 2021 18:03 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Introduction and 415C Instruments
That would be between you and your mechanic, but I would not have a problem with it.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
18 Aug 2021 13:42 #4 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Introduction and 415C Instruments
So, Matt, let me understand what you are saying. I want to replace my whiskey compass with a non-TSO'd vertical card compass in my '46 C-model. You are saying this will be okay?

More
18 Aug 2021 07:09 #5 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Introduction and 415C Instruments
The Coupe existed long before TSO, instrument were bought from where ever they could be found, which was the auto industry. www.ercoupe.info/mobile/pmwiki.php/Main/TSO

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randy Branson

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
18 Aug 2021 00:15 #6 by Shawn DUFFEE
Introduction and 415C Instruments was created by Shawn DUFFEE
Hello everyone! I am a soon-to-be owner of a 1946 415C. It's taking some time to get it home, but it is imminent. I live in the greater Seattle area and am looking forward to hearing from anyone who lives nearby with an Ercoupe. 
This plane will be a project. A son of a friend is an aspiring A&P / IA and this plane and engine that I found will be just the ticket for him to get his....We have a great network of mechanics, IA's, DARs and even a school or two right In the area that will make the beginning of his journey meaningful and productive. 
I read somewhere, a while ago, about instruments in Ercoupes not needing to be TSO'd? Of course, when I need the information it vanishes...Is that true? If so, why? And if so, does that apply to the whole panel - radio and all? I ask because I have a few instruments that were meant for a build that never happened, that are not TSO'd but identical to their TSO'd counterparts. 
I will probably be asking a good number of questions in the near future, so I hope you don't mind. 
Nice to meet you all, 
Shawn

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds