Breadcrumbs

Fuel overflow problem

More
09 Jun 2023 19:39 #1 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Fuel overflow problem
I'll give that a try tomorrow, much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2023 19:06 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Fuel overflow problem
If you need to fill the header, do it first, then the left then the right tank. The amount of fuel in the header is managed by a standpipe inside the tank that overflows into the right wing. Even if my header is down, I don’t fill it but I let the fuel pump do it.

More
09 Jun 2023 19:00 #3 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Fuel overflow problem
Hi Larry,

In a related issue, when I fill wing tanks then the header the fuel from the header tank overflows the wing tanks. All said and done the header can only take about 2/3 then it overflows to the wings. I can have full wing tanks and only 2/3 header tank. Is there a valve or two that needs replacing in the header?

More
08 Nov 2021 18:00 #4 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Fuel overflow problem
Thanks for the quick reply, Larry. That clarifies things for me! I'll be extra careful when fueling the mains!

More
08 Nov 2021 17:51 #5 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Fuel overflow problem
I''ve flow my Ercoupe 1600+ hours in 15 years and I believe I have added fuel to the cowl tank twice. That should be your reserve, and never go into it. Even if you do burn some fuel in it, take a few short flights and let the fuel pump refill it. There are lots of small pipes moving fuel around your system, It's quite easy to overwhelm them with fuel gushing from a filler hose!

More
08 Nov 2021 16:58 #6 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Fuel overflow problem
Have not flown the coupe long enough yet to see the header tank even begin to draw down. Only have put fuel in the mains. I try to keep about 15 total gallons in case someone wants a ride. Different and new drill for me regarding fuel as I always topped the tanks after flying my Bonanza. Even after flights of less than an hour.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds