Breadcrumbs

SK-21 rudder kit

More
16 Oct 2022 12:56 #1 by John Phillips
Replied by John Phillips on topic SK-21 rudder kit
Rudder kit means lugging around 7 lbs.extra forever.! Compromises the foot brake.
Takes away foot room. Rudder control via the feet is not required to fly an Ercoupe. JUST DON"T DO IT. I would venture to say there are more Ercoupe's out there that are original than those with rudder pedals.
The modification falls in the same classification as a nose gear extension snubber.
Totally unnecessary.
Fred Wieck knew what he was doing. Respect his creation.
Have you read The Ercoupe by Stanley G. Thomas. Buy, beg, borrow or steal a copy. Required reading for every Ercoupe owner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2022 11:37 #2 by Paul Ray
Replied by Paul Ray on topic SK-21 rudder kit
Did you get your rudders re-installed? I am just now starting the same project- reinstalling rudder pedals. My first "attempt" was a FAIL. The top of the angled plywood (that has the rudder pedals) is maybe 2"-3" from the firewall. I suspect the problem is the brake arm lever on the main floorboard - wrong position - too far rearward. Any thoughts? Thanks...

More
24 Jan 2022 17:18 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic SK-21 rudder kit
Also, Vern may have what you are looking for. 803-360-2061

More
24 Jan 2022 17:06 - 24 Jan 2022 17:12 #4 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic SK-21 rudder kit
Do you have the parts? I removed them from my E mod and that was easy. Then gave them away. There is really not much to them. 1) did not like using the parking brake handle to stop the airplane. 2) I did not like the cable cover on the floor. Even on the Alon they ( rudders ) are not all that they could have been with larger rudders. Just one bolt in the mask to remove and hook up the rudder pedals cables. Pretty simple.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2022 17:12 by Warren Hampton.

More
22 Jan 2022 16:44 #5 by Earl Brosman
SK-21 rudder kit was created by Earl Brosman
Need copy of SK-21 rudder kit drawings and instructions  reinstall kit on my Ercoupe.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds