Breadcrumbs

New Panel or Salvage?

More
07 Apr 2022 23:25 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic New Panel or Salvage?
Shawn, I have a few old panels if you just want another frame. Be happy to send one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
07 Apr 2022 17:09 #2 by Shawn DUFFEE
Replied by Shawn DUFFEE on topic New Panel or Salvage?
Ok thanks.
I couldn't add 3" at the bottom and still have room for my legs. But I have also thought of adding a complete flat face. I also need to splice in a 4" section at the top where it was cut away, on the curved flat part.
Thanks again.

More
07 Apr 2022 16:51 - 07 Apr 2022 17:05 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic New Panel or Salvage?
Shawn, a lot of redoes panels just cut out the frame of the panel and make a new face plate. Some add 3 " to the bottom for more goodies!  PS, that  panel you show is an Alone look. Forney had two panel                  the CD and up and the later F1a @Where they put a radio that was in the pane it's self.   Ron, you did a nice looking Job on your reworked panel !! I really like the colors.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2022 17:05 by Warren Hampton.

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
04 Apr 2022 20:37 #4 by Shawn DUFFEE
Replied by Shawn DUFFEE on topic New Panel or Salvage?
Thank you.
I didn't quite get the part in your first reply, at about line nr. 200 -"zi46jZz1HQ8+w5P0r+25/yBfD/wD2FP8A2jc1peAv+Q3df7sH9a5fr1VwvodkcDTu", but I got the overall idea lol.
I have to disconnect all the bayonet lights before I can get it all apart, but I think I'd like to try something similar. Univair wants $461 for a blank. Probably worth it, but .....
Thanks again!

More
04 Apr 2022 19:52 - 04 Apr 2022 20:01 #5 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic New Panel or Salvage?
Mine started like this:

and I made this:  I have since installed the second door.  In hindsight, I would have made that a mount for my Ipad.

I riveted a backer plate to cover the holes, then riveted a filler plate to the backer to flush out the face.   A little filler filled the cracks before painting.  So it can be done.  I'm not sure it is easier than starting with a blank, though.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2022 20:01 by Ronald Raty. Reason: photo's came through as raw data

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
04 Apr 2022 09:24 #6 by Shawn DUFFEE
New Panel or Salvage? was created by Shawn DUFFEE
Morning All,   

My Ercoupe came with a modified panel, the one that I guess makes it look like an F1.
I'd like to go back to an original panel.
If I remove the F1-tower, there is a big hole, obviously. Can that removed portion be spliced/replaced with a flat cover, or is my only option to buy a new blank?
Thanks for your input.
Shawn
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds