Breadcrumbs

Seat 415C

More
09 Jul 2022 20:00 #1 by Tad Daughters
Replied by Tad Daughters on topic Seat 415C
Having just done the window welts myself, my one major comment to to make sure that you have the lower ends solidly glued in place. If you don't, you may have the windows catch on the welt and stick open or pull the welt out, or even tear the welt (ask me how I know...). Tearing requires another new welt.
The instructions came with the welts I got from Vern. Here is an online location for those instructions:
www.ercoupe.info/mobile/uploads/Main/SMK-23-23a.pdf
To replace the windows, I used plexiglass that I got from Lowe's for around $40 They cut it to size for me, and that left small chips that I had to sand out of the edges. If I were going to do it again I would buy their plastic cutter (under $10) which scores the plastic and then you break it when scored about half way through.the thickness. It gives a much better edge, Much easier to clean up.
If you want more info, reply and we can talk off line.
Best of luck to you Ron.
Tad Daughters
Forney F-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2022 19:16 #2 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Seat 415C
Does this seat pan look at all familiar?   I pulled it all out today and it's dirty under there so I have lots of cleaning to do.  I hope to have it all back together by mid June that is when my instructor returns...  I also received my new windows and welt from Vernon. (I can't say enough about his service) 

Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome... as well as all good wishes and good luck charms...
Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2022 10:50 #3 by Ron Holmes
Let me know how you want me to pay for the shipping ... Thanks Ron

More
02 Jun 2022 16:44 #4 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Seat 415C
I have been lucky my wife lets me spend money on my toys, I also find I enjoy Couping, friends that enjoy it too. No way can i see why not spread this feeling with others that makes me the happies with life. Do onto others and all that Stuff! Sorry so many were not around when this club was swing in the 90's.

More
01 Jun 2022 23:10 #5 by Ron Holmes
Another deal too good to pass up...  Your generosity is pretty much unmatched...  The entire EOC has been a blessing to this new (old guy) member...  I believe the seat back is pretty much stock, but the seat bottom I am not so sure about... I have enclosed a few pictures of the Airtex kit that came with the plane when I bought it...  It all appears to fit and hopefully replace the existing stuff...  Except for the seat lower cushion... my current seat is just a flat pad about 2 to 3 inches thick held in place with Velcro...  As you can see the replacement seat is THICK and not flat...  
I am closing in on solo flight and actually starting to understand a bit of what I am doing (a little)   The old girl runs like a top and uses little gas... So, so far so good... I am having a blast and I haven't caused my instructor to fold up shop and find a new career...  Again Warren, Thank you,   I will contact you real soon...

Ron Holmes
6200 Garst Rd
Modesto, Ca.  95357
209-204-1848

More
01 Jun 2022 22:01 - 01 Jun 2022 22:19 #6 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Seat 415C
Ron where are you? the plane was last Reg in Cali. I am in Reno area, yep tow bar. I ama little slow in the pick-up sometimes! Same deal this time you pay shipping.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2022 22:19 by Warren Hampton.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds