Breadcrumbs

Trim mechanism

More
29 Aug 2022 20:17 #1 by Kerry Carpenter
Replied by Kerry Carpenter on topic Trim mechanism
Had the "stubborn trim lever" which made it nearly impossible to trim the plane. I ordered a new trim cable from Univair and had my A&P replace it during annual. Now it works great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2022 08:02 #2 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Trim mechanism
Mine froze up a year ago. Lubed the ends with penetrating oil, but still had 70+ years of crud. Finally took pilot side panel off and disconnected the wire and took a deep breath and pulled it out via tailcone. Cleaned and polished cable and used it like a super pipe cleaner spraying lots of PB BLASTER pulling it back and forth through the cable cover. After several cycles pulled cable, wiped it clean, lightly lubed reinstalled and now works a slick as snot. A little pucker factor each time you navigate the severe S-turn at fuselage/elevator attach area

More
07 Jul 2022 15:48 #3 by Tom Murrell
Trim mechanism was created by Tom Murrell
Aside from wire lubrication, what are some some things you've done to free up a trim mechanism? The trim lever in question is very stiff taking a good deal of effort to move at all. I imagine it binding in there some how. How have you addressed a stubborn trim lever? It's a 415-C so the trim handle is on the side.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds