Breadcrumbs

Finding former N-number?

More
26 Sep 2022 19:06 #1 by Doug Forbes
Replied by Doug Forbes on topic Finding former N-number?
Thanks for the quick reply! The first entry in the technical log (June 1967) is at 671 hours and notes "Times carried forward from American logs", so it seemed like the plane came from the States. But maybe not, if no FAA record? Transport Canada doesn't have its data online earlier than 1982, so looking for a Canadian origin will be a bit of a chore. But if it was easy it would be less fun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2022 15:26 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Finding former N-number?
Your original registration would have been N87343. A very low serial number! While I could not find your serial number in the FAA records, since these numbers were assigned in blocks I checked on the next serial number, 517, and it was N87344. There is always a correlation between serial number and registration within a block of numbers. Since there is no FAA record of your airplane either by serial number or registration number (I checked both), I'm thinking your airplane may have been sold to Canada from the outset and was never registered in the United States.

More
26 Sep 2022 14:59 #3 by Doug Forbes
Finding former N-number? was created by Doug Forbes
Am the happy new owner of C-FWFF, a 415-C, S/N 516.  The aircraft came to Canada in June 1967, but I have no logs or information prior to that.  Is there a way to learn the original N- number?  I tried the FAA database search using the serial number, but no luck.   Really just looking out of curiosity about the plane's early history.  Thanks for any help!

Doug Forbes
   Halifax, NS

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds