Breadcrumbs

Installing a hand hold and a step?

More
11 Feb 2023 18:02 #1 by John Trowbridge
Replied by John Trowbridge on topic Installing a hand hold and a step?
I've had handles on my Coupes for years -- to aid stepping uo in wing, I got a "folding stool" black plastic, drilled some holes to pass clothesline "rope" through it, long trail to pass a look through handle to secure to plane -- PUT ON REMOVE BEFOE FLIGHT streamers to remind you when you get onto wing to pull up stool, fold, put in the baggage -- when in hangar or on ramp, I just leave it folded flat on the wing (attached to handle) -- works great! John Trowbridge -- Houston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2022 01:46 #2 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Installing a hand hold and a step?
Super User:
Respectfully suggest you read my write-up up again about the "stirrup". I just wasn't detailed enough with my description/write up, I guess.

The stirrup fabrication is not permanently attached to the aircraft - just a portable replacement for the stool and rope.

You are correct, of course, if this were an alteration to the aircraft.

More
30 Sep 2022 13:53 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Installing a hand hold and a step?
Skyport, which is Vernon Gregory, is more than just a parts store. Vernon is a source of lots of information about Ercoupes. He should be a first stop for anything for your coupe. If you have any questions about the availability of any solution, Vernon can help. He has complete kits for various solutions and he is the best source of window welts out there! He’s sure made my life easier!

• Lynn Kramer
  • Topic Author
30 Sep 2022 13:42 #4 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic Installing a hand hold and a step?
You are referring to Vernon Gregory of Sky Port Services? Do they make a kit for hand holds? If so, I didn't know. I have gotten some parts from them in the past and have been quite pleased with that company.

More
30 Sep 2022 12:51 #5 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Installing a hand hold and a step?
Remember a stirrup is likely a major since it’s a mod to the externalairframe and can affect flight characteristics.

More
30 Sep 2022 12:06 #6 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Installing a hand hold and a step?
Thanks Ken, excellent timely report - nothing like a success report to help others decision making. Try handles first and add "stirrup" later if felt warranted.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds