Breadcrumbs

Number of stop holes in control shaft

More
11 Oct 2022 08:34 #1 by Terry Reece
Replied by Terry Reece on topic Number of stop holes in control shaft
Warren
Thanks for the info. Helps.
Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2022 02:37 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Number of stop holes in control shaft
P.S If you have slop in the cabals sounds as if you will need to put a tensiometer on them or replace them and then set the tension. the first thing is to look at the turnbuckles and see that they are Safety wired Do the Rudder cable while in there...

More
11 Oct 2022 02:19 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Number of stop holes in control shaft
Tarry, I may be able to help you here. I used to own 3800H ser
#4501 the first CD... It had two holes for the up stop. I fig it was old C's shaft redrills for up travel of the D mod. There are 4 diff shafts . C, D, E and Alon. C short D holes diff, E longest , and Alon shorter than E's .

More
08 Oct 2022 16:04 #4 by Terry Reece
Number of stop holes in control shaft was created by Terry Reece
I’m starting to rig this Aircraft ( C model, I  recently purchased. The up elevator travel is only 4 degrees. I realize the rigging should be done at the turn buckles. I also read here somewhere, that some control shafts have two holes rather than one. I only have one hole stop. If there are two, what was the purpose, was this in relation to the D model?

The Elevator has lots of “slop”,  besides being at 4 degrees, which I measured by laying a level across the stabilizer and adjusting due to nose in the air for on going nose strut service. 

Any words of wisdom appreciated.

‘’thanks ‘
Terry Reece

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds