Breadcrumbs

Battery

More
03 Jan 2024 17:59 #1 by RP J
Replied by RP J on topic Battery
EarthX is turning out to be a solidly run company. That they are making the STC list all inclusive makes me want to support them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2024 17:51 #2 by RP J
Sad but true. Its hard to believe that someone delegated as an faa inspector would lack the critical reasoning skills to know, given all the facts, that something like an earthx battery is not a ‘no-brainer’ sign off approval. Then there are the types who are so caught up in paperwork that they have lost, or just do not care to hold onto, all sense of logic. I find it somewhat terrifying when logic is considered irrelevant. I will not get into the ‘earth is flat’ people but they come to mind when I think of how ANY faa-pma battery may be considered not good enough for the coupe by an inspector.

More
03 Jan 2024 17:29 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Battery
EarthX shows a STC for the 415 in the 2nd quarter of 2024

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
30 Dec 2023 22:37 - 30 Dec 2023 22:38 #4 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Battery
San Diego FSDO approved it.  Now that EarthX has an approved model it might be more difficult to get a fiedl approval for one that isn't on their list.

Last edit: 30 Dec 2023 22:38 by John Jones.

More
30 Dec 2023 19:34 #5 by RP J
I am more interested in the Hawker since it is half the price of both the EarthX and Concorde battery and having used the non-faa version(Odysey 680) for the last 10 years in my vintage motorcycle(which has a car starter), I know it will out last at least the Concorde. The Concorde I currently have is 5 years old and only has about 120hrs on it. Lead Acid batteries do not seem to age very well.

Here is a link to it. However, it may be worth just spending the extra $200for the old Concorde if my only choice is to hire a DER to ensure the safety(eye roll) of the Hawker.

www.batterymart.com/p-hawker-sbs-J16-air...ry.html?gad_source=1

More
30 Dec 2023 13:03 #6 by RP J
How were you able to get a field approval? Field approvals are essentially not possible where I am in Southern California. They just do not do them anymore. Maybe I need to fly to your state?

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds