Breadcrumbs

Replace sliding windows

More
05 Jan 2024 16:33 #7 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Replace sliding windows
1. With the bubble windshield the opening goes on the rear frame. 2. to cut the opening it will be 1 inch both sides of center. and as deep as the channel is 3.the channel is steel you need to cut both the skin and the steel 4. try not to cut the felt yet! When the skin and top steel are cut, cut a 1/4 " of the felt out of the center that is where the window will slide out of. 6. remember as you slide out the back side when the window will come out of the front tact really easy. 7. lastly after the windows are replaced you cut a plate to cover your opening 2024 .025 plate held down by a #6 screw in the middle thru the channel with a self-locking nut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2024 15:57 #8 by Warren Hampton
Ok, you have a bubble windshield so the open would be on the back. Now you may not have the plate installed. If not, you have to cut one in. One inch both sides of center, and back as deep as the channel. Cut a 1/4 " out of the felt in the center of opening that is where you pull the corner or the prexy out thru.

More
05 Jan 2024 14:58 #9 by Jack Pollack
Replied by Jack Pollack on topic Replace sliding windows
Hi Warren

Thank you for responding.

It appears the last time the airplane was flown was in 2001. Its been in the same hangar since 1992.

I've attached 3 pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Jack
Attachments:

More
04 Jan 2024 19:09 #10 by Warren Hampton
Is that It has been in a dusty Hangar for 24 year and not flying any of these years ? So, did you remove the screwed on plate between the two windows? (midway of the widows. Push one side down a few Inches lift the corner of the one your working on and pull up thur the opening. a pic would help to know what you need to do....

More
04 Jan 2024 10:38 #11 by Jack Pollack
Replace sliding windows was created by Jack Pollack
Hi All,

I just purchased a Forney F1 project. It's been sitting in a dusty hangar in Arizona for the last 24 years. I'm new to the Ercoupe world.

The interior need a good cleaning. First I need to remove and replace the side windows. I tried as per the service manual with not luck. Any help/instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the interior of the plane needs a good cleaning. Any recommendations on products or approaches? 

Thanks,

Jack

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds