Breadcrumbs

Heat in the 415C

More
10 Jan 2024 02:13 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Heat in the 415C
Larry I know your feeling cold, been there. My thought is taking up the top kick board to see where heat flapper is, make a hole in that location in kick board stick something to get the heat in and not heating under the floor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2024 19:53 #2 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Heat in the 415C
Cutting an opening in the carpet makes sense to me. Judging by my 415C (without carpet) I can imagine that without the hole, heat airflow would still find its way through gaps in the floorboards but only after losing a certain amount of heat to the belly skin and the center spar section, both of which are probably a pretty decent heat sinks.

With carpet assisting your floorboard seal, you may be building up a bit of pressure below the floorboards and restricting flow through the muff. I'm not sure how much positive cowl pressure you've got to work with but this seems possible.

More
09 Jan 2024 12:18 #3 by Larry Snyder
Heat in the 415C was created by Larry Snyder
I’m not getting much heat in the cabin of my 415C. Here are my thoughts on getting more:

My coupe has straight pipes a la Alon as opposed the the standard muffler. The shroud on the left stack is supposed to provide cabin heat. I put a spring in it to transfer more heat but I’m still cold. 

I have a fairly thick Airtex carpet that covers the only
hole in the floor, about 2” in diameter. I’m thinking of
using a hole saw to put a 3” hole in front of the pilot and passenger positions.  Then I’d cut those out
of my carpet and make pretty little grates with my 3D printer. 

Does that make sense to you? Any other ideas for keeping warm? I noticed that air is blowing under the bottom seal on my flat windshield.  So I’m planning to put a new seal on it. 

TIA for your insights. 

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds