Breadcrumbs

Carburetor Fuel Bowl Mounting.

More
04 Jul 2024 08:08 #1 by Tim Quigley
Replied by Tim Quigley on topic Carburetor Fuel Bowl Mounting.
I have a Marvel Schebler Carburetor Installed and a Steves Improved gascoalator installed on the firewall. I do not like the way it was mounted on the firewall due to the loading affects it has on the firewall. This installation was done under a FAA Feild Approval. I would like to remount the gascolator to the carburetor and re-install the Univair SK-76 Kit to comply with the AD but I am not seeing how the kit can be installed in any way. I was wondering if people could share pictures on how they have it installed.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2024 00:00 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Carburetor Fuel Bowl Mounting.
Firewall on meE with C90-16F

• RP J
23 Jun 2024 13:41 #3 by RP J
Replied by RP J on topic Carburetor Fuel Bowl Mounting.
Is this what you are looking for? Any gascolator mounted to the carb needs the brackets to pass the AD. It doesn't matter if its glass or aluminum. The best place would be to mount it at the firewall like the later ercoupes and just about every other airplane. Im not not sure about the bureaucracy hoops you need to jump through for this though. It may require a field approval, etc.

www.ercoupe.net/ads/86_22_09.html

More
13 Jun 2024 20:10 - 13 Jun 2024 20:21 #4 by Tim Quigley
Carburetor Fuel Bowl Mounting. was created by Tim Quigley
Anyone out there with a C90 equipped Forney that has a Marvel Schebler Carburetor Installed? Can you take some pictures of your gascolator fuel bowl mount attached to the carburetor.

I am specifically looking to see the different mounting and bracketing situations as they pertain to AD 2002-16-04/SB24 and Univair SK76 with 1) older glass style bowls, 2) SK-76FG with Piper style fuel Bowl, 3) Skyport/Alpha Aviation STC Fuel bowl SMK-96. and 4) Steves Improved STC Gascolator SA3-00. Who knew their were so many options!

Thanks in advance 
Last edit: 13 Jun 2024 20:21 by Tim Quigley. Reason: Missed item no 4 in my post

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds