Breadcrumbs

Is a Forney 415-C LSA compliant?

• Arlan Allen
11 Jul 2019 15:10 #1 by Arlan Allen
Replied by Arlan Allen on topic Is a Forney 415-C LSA compliant?
There is no LSA compliant Forney aircraft !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2019 11:58 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Is a Forney 415-C LSA compliant?
The FAA is so messed up they list mine as Engineering & Research 415G, and doing a state search, sometime it shows up, other times it does not. So take the FAA database for what it is, something riddled with errors

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
23 Jun 2019 10:06 #3 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Is a Forney 415-C LSA compliant?
Be assured that Forney did not build ANY 415 series Ercoupes. The two tail numbers listed were produced before mine (N99825) and mine was built in 1946- long before Forney existed.

• Ken Burrell
  • Topic Author
01 Jun 2019 15:59 #4 by Ken Burrell
Replied by Ken Burrell on topic Is a Forney 415-C LSA compliant?
I am using the FAA search engine by make. Searching under make=Mooney, no model 415 shows up in the current registration, under make=Univair only 1 415d appears, but searching under make=ERCO, 7 show up as 415c/cd, and 4 as 415d. I was relying on the articles on EOC, which advise that some models may have been converted from C to CD, D, or even E, which might explain how the make got changed when the aircraft was re-registered. All of these aircraft show an airworthiness date in the 50s, instead of the 40s. I really appreciate all the help you have given. Its quite a complex maze to navigate.

More
01 Jun 2019 15:35 #5 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Is a Forney 415-C LSA compliant?
They were not converted. They were reported incorrectly to the FAA. And there is no such thing as a “Univair” airplane. Univair bought the type certificates and tooling for the various Ercoupes but has never built an airplane. I think Forneys were still called Ercoupes (as opposed to Aircoupes like the Alons) but as I said, they were F1s, not 415s. Even today, if you look up the ERCO type designator it will say Mooney. Weird. The FAA Records are unreliable.

• Ken Burrell
  • Topic Author
01 Jun 2019 15:27 #6 by Ken Burrell
Replied by Ken Burrell on topic Is a Forney 415-C LSA compliant?
Its beginning to look like 1946 models that bear the name Univair or Forney could have been converted from earlier 415 models, while Univair or Forney held the type certificate. It does look like the only way to go is to trace the actual history via the CD for that aircraft from the FAA.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds