Breadcrumbs

O200 STC

More
23 Jun 2019 11:10 #7 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic O200 STC
There is no STC for putting an O-200 into a 415C. There IS one for a 425D, but if you convert to a D the aircraft is no longer sport pilot eligible. Alpha Aviation is working on the STC for the C model, but who knows how long that will take. There several C models that were granted field approvals for O-200s. If your mechanic has a great relationship with a FSDO you might be able to do it by field approval. But get it before doing anything to the plane!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2019 10:19 #8 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic O200 STC
Joe, there are two STCs involving 0-200s. One is a total engine swap with an 0-200.
One is an overhaul using the guts of an 0-200: crank, rods, etc. (Some call this a “Stroker.”) Your engine would technically be a C-85 but will give you more horses- 93 or so. You can keep your same prop and you don’t have to install an extra fuel pump.
I have the Stroker on mine, paired with a 7148 prop.
It’s awesome. I cruise about 118 true around 2500 rpm.

• Lawson Laslo
10 Jun 2019 19:49 #9 by Lawson Laslo
Replied by Lawson Laslo on topic O200 STC
Vernon would Be the person to talk too, he is very knowledgeable about coupes
www.usedercoupeparts.com/Contact.htm
Vernon Gregory
409 Sweetpea Lane
Swansea, SC 29160
(803) 360-2061

More
10 Jun 2019 17:36 #10 by Gordie Meade

More
10 Jun 2019 16:55 #11 by Joe Messinger
O200 STC was created by Joe Messinger
I have a 415C with a C-75 that is getting long in the tooth but runs fine right now. I do an oil analysis each oil change and it makes a little metal, which I was told, by an AP friend, that is normal for that engine at that age, and since the compressions are in the range and it is sounding as good as it does to just go ahead and fly but keep an eye on it. I am doing research for that day we determine it's time to make a change. I have seen several 415Cs on Barnstormers with O200s installed, so there must be an STC out there. My question is who has it and how much does it cost? I'm not ready to make a move just yet but would like to have the information in my pocket. Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds