Breadcrumbs

Airworthiness Directive Compliance Record Forms

• Arlan Allen
01 Nov 2020 15:08 #1 by Arlan Allen
Replied by Arlan Allen on topic Airworthiness Directive Compliance Record Forms
Ken,
I would be concerned about the competency of your IA. Part of his responsibility is to research the ADs on the airframe, engine, propeller and accessories.

I have never encountered an IA without the capability research Airworthiness Directives.

Part of your aircraft records should include and AD compliance list with compliance date/time, next due date/time.

If you have an entry in your log book stating all ADs complied with, it is not an adequate method of compliance.

Arlan
N3989H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2020 09:42 #2 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Airworthiness Directive Compliance Record Forms
have you talked to AD-Log
1-800-235-6444

More
29 Oct 2020 18:20 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Airworthiness Directive Compliance Record Forms
I wasn't going to say that, but....

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
29 Oct 2020 18:01 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Airworthiness Directive Compliance Record Forms
I don’t understand why you would entrust your airplane to an A&P/IA that apparently does not know how to find ADs! When I get an annual I consider a significant part of the cost to be the IA making sure the paperwork requirements are met. I would respectfully recommend finding another mechanic.

More
29 Oct 2020 17:12 - 29 Oct 2020 17:19 #5 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Airworthiness Directive Compliance Record Forms
Your IA can get them off the FAA website, FAA.GOV, as for the recurring, ADs, all the times are in the AD or if they reference a service bulletin for times.
Ken, I emailed you a copy of my AD Spreadsheet

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
Last edit: 29 Oct 2020 17:19 by Matt Gunsch.

• Ken Nicholls
  • Topic Author
29 Oct 2020 11:12 #6 by Ken Nicholls
Does anyone have access to a complete set of airframe and engine airworthiness directive compliance record forms? My A/I
doesn't subscribe to the service that provides them. I looked at univair and saw the a/d list and the link to the FAA website with the
description of each A/D. At the FAA website under A/D compliance I did not see what time interval the center section needs to be inspected in listed under center section inspection compliance.
They said recurring but gave no timescale just the three approved methods of inspection. Does anyone know where the timescale for this A/D is listed or can be found? If anyone has blanks for A/D compliance
and could send me a set or direct me to where I can locate some for purchase I would be great full. Thanks.
Ken Nicholls
N3324H

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds