Breadcrumbs

OSHKOSH flyin

More
08 Jun 2023 05:45 #1 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic OSHKOSH flyin
Coming around Lake Michigan from the north, I liked Wausau airport. Not interested in flying all the way to Watertown then heading back to FISK arrival. Drove by WATERTOWN last year about an hour after Coupes departed. Rather arrive Sunday morning, Friday is too early if staying all week. Have fun, I’ll just put up my VAC sign and chance getting a spot on “ ERCOUPE AVENUE”,
see you there.
Any other Coupers coming to OSH from the NW, N, NE? Maybe we meet up on Saturday evening to fly in Sunday AM.

Michael Hainen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2023 00:52 #2 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic OSHKOSH flyin
Thanks for the info. I assume Syd is planning on flying in on the Friday before. I will plan on being in Watertown.

More
07 Jun 2023 23:00 #3 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic OSHKOSH flyin
Syd Cohen plans on leading in Ercoupes from Watertown Wis.
on Friday morning. You need to buy a ticket for days there, pay fees
for camping, and you might as well buy an EAA membership for discounts.
You can purchase everything at a kiosk where you park you plane but
you'll miss the early bird specials if you wait. I haven't checked costs yet.
Never bought mine on-line so I can't help you much there.
See you at Oshkosh ! -Bruce

More
07 Jun 2023 22:09 #4 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic OSHKOSH flyin
I'm just getting ready to buy my tickets.   Early bird specials expire in a week or so.   I haven't seen anyone mention going.   Is anybody planning to fly to OSHKOSH this year?  Meeting up and flying in as a group would be nice.

I plan to camp under the wing, but I am a little confused on ticket costs.   Are there any additional tickets i should be buying other than the general admission tickets?

More
22 Feb 2023 05:46 #5 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic OSHKOSH flyin
Two years ago the Coup Convention was in Wausau, home to Syd Cohen.
I'd love to meet up there a day or so before and fly in as a group on Sunday morning.
Camping under the wing is great fun. Check the Air Venture schedule, usual big events are the night airshow, the Saturday airshow. If camping under wing isn't your thing, staying at the local college dorms, meal and transportation package is a great option.

More
20 Feb 2023 12:56 #6 by Ronald Raty
OSHKOSH flyin was created by Ronald Raty
I am starting to make flying plans for the Summer, and would really like to fly to OSHKOSH.   Having never been there, I could use a little support.    Is there talk yet of Ercoupes meeting up and flying in as a group?   I will be flying in from the SEA area.   And I don't know that I want to stay there for an entire week, are there any recommendations of which days are best?   Any other useful info for a novice making plans?

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds