Breadcrumbs

Paperwork Required For Installation of Dynon Skyview

More
13 Oct 2021 11:29 #1 by Tim Cowden
Jon,

I have not yet pulled the trigger on the new equipment.  My favorite local avionics shop can't get to it for 6 months.  I will probably pull the trigger on the equipment in January/February with the objective of installation in March/April.  I would love to hear feedback from you on how these components work for you.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jon Kimmel
12 Oct 2021 18:34 #2 by Jon Kimmel
Tim, did you end up with the Garmin setup? How do you like it? I’ve got 2 weeks before my plane arrives but the previous owner installed a Garmin Aera 760 and GDL 52. Im looking forward to using the features of the 760. Planning ADSB out with a Uavionix beacon as soon as my AP is able.

More
20 Aug 2021 12:25 #3 by Tim Cowden
John,

I'm based at Gillespie Field (KSEE).  I have your phone number in the Ercoupe Owners Roster.  I'll give you a call to discuss in more detail.

Tim

More
20 Aug 2021 10:21 #4 by John Jones
Tim- You may need to wait a bit for the Mini GA, GRT indicates they are out of some of the parts and are re-designing it (I would like a second one to have a PFD and Map display at the same time). I use a Stratux and wifi to get the adsb in on an iPad vs. on the Aera 660. A Mini GA can accept adsb in as well, as do their other units. I believe the Aera units will only accept a Garmin adsb in. Where in SOCAL are you? I'm down in San Diego so understand your dense traffic environment.
John

More
19 Aug 2021 22:18 #5 by Tim Cowden
John,

I have done quite a bit of research over the last few days and I've decided to do what you did, acquiring the GRT Mini GA and the CGR-30P. I am leaning toward also acquiring a Garmin Aera 760. It looks like in order to get traffic and weather (I really need traffic because I fly in a dense environment here in SOCAL) I will need ADSB-in. To get that I think I will need to get a Garmin GDL 50. Do you have one of the GDLs feeding your Aera 660? If so do you have any recommendations?

Thanks again,

Tim

More
12 Aug 2021 12:01 #6 by Tim Cowden
Thanks so much John, this is invaluable information!  I'm going to study the suggestions you made and no doubt I'll get back to you with more questions.

Tim

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds