Breadcrumbs

Insurance

More
10 Aug 2021 13:19 #1 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Insurance
Henry Abdullah from Falcon, with whom I have insured five Bonanzas and one Debonair for the past 25 years, recently said he could not find anyone to insure pilot's over 70 for complex aircraft. He suggested I look at Avemco.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2021 18:37 - 09 Aug 2021 18:41 #2 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Insurance
John Travers insurance was my insurance company last year, but AOPA partner ASSURED PARTNERS beat them by almost $300 this time. As for AVEMCO, they never answered the phone last year or this year after several calls, just got that annoying phone message like they were some kind of a half-baked control tower.
Did talk to FALCON at EAA Oshkosk and they seemed eager to do business, too bad I renewed the previous week.  ASSURED and FALCON didn't seem to hung up on age, aware of the topic this past year but certainly didn't seem to be the highest priority on their list.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2021 18:41 by Michael Hainen. Reason: add info

More
07 Aug 2021 16:39 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Insurance
My insurance is due next month. I go through Falcon (EAA) and use Global Aerospace. My premium this year is $540 for $21k hull and $1 million liability, no deductibles. I’m 70, have 1800 hours, 1650 in make and model.

More
07 Aug 2021 16:25 #4 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic Insurance
I went with Avemco because it cost less than others. I'm 66, liability only.
Never made a claim so I haven't any experience there. A nice touch is you get to talk with a real person quickly by phone.

More
05 Aug 2021 18:53 #5 by John Farrell
Insurance was created by John Farrell
My insurance is due the August 14th.  Has anyone had any bad or good experience with Avemco?  In 25 years of Bonanza ownership I have never used Avemco.  They were one of two quotes I got.  The other was Assured Partners/AOPA.  Avemco's quote is about $ 231 cheaper for basically same coverage.  My age ( 80 this October) apparently prevented other companies from even submitting a quote. 

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds