Breadcrumbs

Operational Cost of Ownership

More
20 Dec 2021 14:32 #1 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Operational Cost of Ownership
After 25 years of Bonanza ownership,  I don't even think about the money I spend on my ERcoupe!  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2021 22:27 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Operational Cost of Ownership
How handy you are and how you get along with your A&P, IA will have a large impact on costs. An owner assist annual can save you money and give you a better idea of the condition of your Coupe and how things work.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
17 Nov 2021 16:11 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Operational Cost of Ownership
If you are worried about that, you probably should try another hobby! I've never figured the cost, because it would upset me greatly. I have rarely flown fewer than 100 hours a year, so at least I meet the requirement that owning makes sense. The rule has been that if you fly fewer than 100 hours a year you're better off renting.
I have figured that I've purchased my airplane (based on my original purchase price) a minimum of three times over!
I knew from the outset that this was a a pleasure for me, not an investment. I don't regret one penny I've spent. I just don't know how many that was!

More
17 Nov 2021 16:06 #4 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Operational Cost of Ownership
Hi Kelly

Here is my operational hourly cost of my Ercoupe 415 - C for past 12 months . I flew 35 hours and I computed costs of;

Insurance , hanger , fuel @ $5.50 per hour , annual /IFR certs , oil , misc costs

my hourly cost . . . . . $279.71
I don't think my Seneca was a whole lot higher but then I averaged over 140 hours a year and fuel was about $2.00 cheaper , (everything was cheaper . . . . )
Of course the main reason for the abysmal cost was small number of hours flown . . . I loved every minute of my $279 an hour "Coupe" time . . . . ." The good part , I get about 20 miles to the gallon , better than my old Dodge Van !!
After I send this info to you I have to destroy this message . My wife would not be happy !

Bill

• Kelly Brady
  • Topic Author
16 Nov 2021 11:49 #5 by Kelly Brady
Operational Cost of Ownership was created by Kelly Brady
I was wondering if anyone has put together a spreadsheet or jotted down some numbers specific to the Operational cost of ownership on their Ercoupe C models. 

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds