Breadcrumbs

Cause for concern with uAvionix?

• Lynn Kramer
17 May 2022 21:35 #1 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic Cause for concern with uAvionix?
It could be that the technology is more valuable in another hemisphere than the originators know. It could be that the intellectual property rights will bring in a steady stream of revenue for decades, just like the Univair Corp. that owns rights to the Ercoupe design itself. That is a cash cow for them, but if they ever decide to license the design we could see new designs based on Fred Wieke's genius proliferate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2022 13:00 #2 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Cause for concern with uAvionix?
I hope there is no cause for concern with the buyout of uAvionix.  I have a tailbeacon on my Ercoupe and have ordered a TailbeaconX  along with the AV30.  I'm waiting for them to ship and then be installed.  

More
28 Mar 2022 02:01 #3 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Cause for concern with uAvionix?
Larry, you are correct with your "fist thought". Possibly too, they have insight into what's coming down the line and they have evaluated the margin on the current product line and decided they can't loose. Like most buy outs, the price increase follows. All that corporate mission comments sounded like double talk with smoke in the air!! :)

More
27 Mar 2022 06:51 #4 by Larry Snyder
Cause for concern with uAvionix? was created by Larry Snyder
My first thought was “hang on to your wallet” and my second thought was “why do a bunch of investors in DC want to control the company that will build the technology that will control everything in the air?”

Comments?

www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/202...-dc-capital-partners

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds