Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe 3D Files

More
14 Mar 2024 10:50 #1 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Ercoupe 3D Files
It's on this website. Look under Documents->Miscellaneous->STL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2024 10:41 #2 by Eric Ingram
Replied by Eric Ingram on topic Ercoupe 3D Files
Thanks, I'll have to try it out! Do you have it posted on a site like Printables that you could share the link to?

More
13 Mar 2024 08:35 #3 by Larry Snyder
Ercoupe 3D Files was created by Larry Snyder
I've put together some 3D models (.stl format) of an Ercoupe. One is a complete Ercoupe, but it's very difficult to print on your typical printer because there are no flat spots to put on the print bed. So I split it into halves. Now I can print the halves then glue them together. It makes for much nicer models. I use supports (touching buildplate) because of the main landing gear and the vertical stabilizers. Those parts are very delicate, so I use very light supports (like 8% density). The trick is to get the supports off without damaging the MLG or vertical stabilizers. It's possible! 

There is also a version with a loop on top for hanging I'm attaching a picture of the one I printed using glow-in-the dark filament that I use as a pull on a light over our kitchen sink.

Since I can't attach an .stl file here, I'm asking the webmaster to put it in the documents folder. Look for the .stl files there.

Hope someone can have fun with these!!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds