Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe not Air Coupe

More
06 Sep 2024 16:00 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Ercoupe not Air Coupe
Well Matt, I have 2 Ercoupes and 2 Forneys! Ha, Ha. ( not saying any are Flying)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2024 17:28 #2 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Ercoupe not Air Coupe
Two thumbs up on that one, sweet!

More
06 Aug 2024 12:06 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Ercoupe not Air Coupe
I have a 1950 415G Ercoupe and a 1964 Alon A2 Aircoupe, so I guess I have it covered.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Swartwout

More
04 Aug 2024 21:45 #4 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Ercoupe not Air Coupe
I was at a couple of dinner events at Oshkosh.

At the ercoupe dinner, one of the persons introducing themselves pronounced their 40’s ercoupe as ‘aircoupe’. When speaking with him privately about my 65 aircoupe. He dismissed me saying, “nah, you have an Alon”.

At another event. On my name tag I wrote AIRCOUPE under my name. Another gentleman at my table tried to tell me that I didn’t spell it right.

As far as the ICAO codes, all of them are ERCO’s even the Mooney variant.

Regardless of what you call it or how you pronounce it. I’m just glad I have my aircoupe to fly and I get a kick out of bombing around the pattern in it.

More
04 Aug 2024 14:56 #5 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Ercoupe not Air Coupe
I am willing to bet that even if we flew a 100 ship Ercoupe mass formation past the tower with everyone towing a banner with "ERCO ERCOUPE" behind us they STILL would call it the Air Coupe...

Maybe we should and and we also each of us call in to ATC and all announce ourselves one at a time... *evilgrin*

More
04 Aug 2024 14:22 #6 by RPJ
Ercoupe not Air Coupe was created by RPJ
It seems whenever someone at the airport asks me what kind of airplane I have I tell them an "Ercoupe" and then they condescendingly try to correct me by saying an "Air Coupe". Why is this? If I even attempt to try to explain that I do not have the Alon Air Coupe but that it is actually the Erco Ercoupe they shut their ears and laugh to themselves. Even the tower acted like I mispronounced Quinoa when I said Ercoupe and they told me its pronounced Air Coupe.

Where does this come from? I find it very strange that I essentially am expected to lie about what plane I own by calling it an Air Coupe when I have a giant tag on the front that says Ercoupe. Maybe if it was an Italian airplane this would be true. Is it so hard to understand that there is an earlier model of the airplane created by ERCO. And why is it so funny? This is one of those things where I find humans to be very strange creatures. 

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds