Breadcrumbs

Anyone research the history of their Ercoupe ?

More
24 Feb 2019 08:26 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Anyone research the history of their Ercoupe ?
the digging continues, Dennis George, the son of Eddy, who owned the plane for so long, found a VHS tape of a interview of his dad done by a local news channel sometime in the 80s. Dennis converted it to digital and sent my the file. It was great to see the plane in action, the paint is the same as now, but the instrument panel has changed since then. He tried to post it on facebook, but it got blocked because of the music the station used.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 12:44 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Anyone research the history of their Ercoupe ?
From a non-clinical standpoint, a former owner of N99340 (my plane) sent me an email saying that his father had owned the bird and loved it, but sold it to pay for his daughter's wedding. Turned out to be a shame, she got divorced fairly quickly....

More
06 Feb 2019 11:10 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Anyone research the history of their Ercoupe ?
that is the "clinical" history, I was wondering if anyone had gone to find the family stories, the stories behind a logbook entry, One family had owned my coupe for 40 years and I have found one of the sons of the owner, he told me the cow story.
I look on the Ercoupe the way that Warbird owners look on their planes, we are temporary custodians of a classic plane, and each owners attaches some of their personality and experiences to it, Jerry Ward, who I bought it from flew 259 Young Eagles in it, several went on to make aviation their career.

A&P, IA, PPSEL

• Jack Arthur
06 Feb 2019 09:29 #4 by Jack Arthur
Replied by Jack Arthur on topic Anyone research the history of their Ercoupe ?
If you go to the FAA website you can order a C/D for $10.00 that will show all of the registration history and 337 history of the plane.
Jack

More
05 Feb 2019 19:31 #5 by Matt Gunsch
My 415G was owned by one family for over 40 years, their ownership started out with a logbook entry that said, rebuilt aircraft, replaced rt wing, center section, tail cone, rt rudder. I was thinking that it had been damaged by a storm, but after a little internet sleuthing, I managed to track down a family member who sent my email to the son of the owner. Turns out the damage was caused by a landing accident somewhere in Oklahoma where the right wing happened to find a cow that was on the runway. In honor of the story I added the appropriate marking to the side of the plane

A&P, IA, PPSEL
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Jones

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds