Breadcrumbs

Already buying stuff.

• Eric Marshall
31 Jan 2021 23:05 #13 by Eric Marshall
Replied by Eric Marshall on topic Already buying stuff.
What brand of shoulder harness did you buy and from whom?

Thanks
Eric
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2020 12:40 #14 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Already buying stuff.
John I had new seat belt/shoulder harness installed .
cost of the STC and belts came to about $700 , cost of installation cost $1300 . It was a shocker but still worth every penny . Wish I had gotten the friction hold type.

More
23 Sep 2020 19:04 #15 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Already buying stuff.
Thanks for the information. I hope to get those installed ASAP. I believe they a very important safety feature for any aircraft. Regards John Farrell

• Chris Doggett
  • Topic Author
23 Sep 2020 18:51 #16 by Chris Doggett
Replied by Chris Doggett on topic Already buying stuff.
Alpha aviation in MN. Don McDonald knows tons on the Ercoupe and happy to talk about them. STC was just over a thousand dollars but I’m just not comfortable without them. I’m 6’1 so I don’t want be banging around in Marla. I bought her because I’m also a cub guy. I need to feel the breeze. I got really lucky, 46 415C 85 12, belts went in today. Good luck!

More
23 Sep 2020 14:06 #17 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Already buying stuff.
I just bought my last airplane, a 1948 Ercoupe 415E with C-85 engine after five Bonanzas and one Deb last 23 years. 2,000 hour commercial pilot, multi engine, CFI. My last plane, as I will be 79 next month. Three landings in the rudderless pedal Ercoupe, windows down, etc. Most fun I've had in a plane in the past twenty years!! She's not perfect but solid logs, maintenance in her life. Look forward to really getting to know her quirks. My feet keep reaching for the rudder pedals!! She needs shoulder harnesses. Which did you buy and cost? Thanks for your reply

More
16 Sep 2020 10:15 #18 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Already buying stuff.
first of many purchases, one thing to start stocking up on is hardware and gaskets because you will need both and not many shops stock gaskets for old continentals.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Doggett

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds