Breadcrumbs

Installing a Non TSO AV30 in a 415 C

More
09 Jan 2021 17:13 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Installing a Non TSO AV30 in a 415 C
I installed the non tso AV30 in my coupe, but then I am the IA that does the annuals as well, so I don't have to worry about it not passing.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Robert Eldridge
09 Jan 2021 12:57 #2 by Robert Eldridge
Replied by Robert Eldridge on topic Installing a Non TSO AV30 in a 415 C
I'm sure the original list didn't include a cd player, either. So, do you have to have a TSO'd CD PLAYER to be able to install one without an STC? I'm up to HERE with the FAA regulations and the government's tendency to limit our ability to make choices for ourselves! I'm going to install a non-TSO Garmin G5 PFD in my 'Coupe. Let them say what they will! This is a real SORE point for me! Go for it, Morris!!

• Morris Pearson
  • Topic Author
07 Jan 2021 20:23 #3 by Morris Pearson
Replied by Morris Pearson on topic Installing a Non TSO AV30 in a 415 C
This my only concern now. I have a reliable A&P willing to work with me but my long time IA went west last year. Probably will spend the extra $$ just to avoid a future problem.

More
07 Jan 2021 10:10 #4 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Installing a Non TSO AV30 in a 415 C
The fly in the ointment is finding an AP(IA) to sign off on it, both for the installation and subsequent annuals.

• Morris Pearson
  • Topic Author
06 Jan 2021 19:53 - 06 Jan 2021 20:25 #5 by Morris Pearson
Installing a Non TSO AV30 in a 415 C was created by Morris Pearson
I read where there is no TSO requirement for instruments not required on the orignal aircraft type certificate, in my case A718. There is a no STC  version of the AV30 that is $400 cheaper than the certified version. If you do not replace the required airspeed indicator and altimeter then is legal to install the non STC version of the AV30? Sounds almost to good to be true . Just wonder if anyone has thoughts on such a bold idear?
Last edit: 06 Jan 2021 20:25 by Morris Pearson.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds