Breadcrumbs

Fear for the Future of General Aviation

More
30 Jan 2021 10:10 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
I’m afraid politics comes into the picture. I get sad thinking my children and grandchildren may not be able experience the freedom of flight. Even John Kerry said that if we cut emissions to zero it won’t make a difference. It’s frustrating that the reason our planes don’t make that big an impact on pollution is the same reason they make an easy target! I won’t talk about parties, just policies. It’s tough when there is no absolute science. We were supposed to be dead 8 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2021 10:06 #2 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
super user is absolutely right . . . sorry for getting off track but some of us see the" train a-comin' . . . and are truly frustrated . I will do better . Sorry

Bill James

More
30 Jan 2021 08:59 - 30 Jan 2021 09:00 #3 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
Folks, a message from the EOC leadership: our club is all about airplanes. The general topic of aviation that's influenced by politics or requires political intervention is not new. We all have a stake in this.

However, the discussion needs to stay polite and respectful. Name calling, abuse, personal attacks will note be allowed. Attacking "other" (be it from a conservative or liberal perspective) is not allowed.

Have the discussion, but deal with the policies, the process, the specifics. Just leave out the directed anger.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2021 09:00 by Super User.

More
30 Jan 2021 08:32 #4 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
don't think for a moment the general aviation usage/ industry will not be affected soon by the feckless fools now leading ? our country. The Pres has already started the cataclysmic march to economic horror. The cancelling of the Keystone pipeline is the kickoff . . . They say 11000 people will be unemployed hell , they aren't considering the thousands that service that project ! As jobs disappear, it will quickly eliminate the financial capability to use and enjoy a not inexpensive use of private aircraft . . (FBO's can't exist without GA ). the majority of these pilots are middle class , not wealthy ! Our factory jobs that Trump miraculously started bringing back are already on notice of coming demise . The Democrats are nuts and The weak kneed Republicans are as useless as tits on a boar ! I am ashamed to make these statements and not have a clue as to how to fight this coming hell . . . .Our leaders are happy to feather their plush feather beds . Read Abraham Lincolns "Lyceum speech" if you want a wake-up fist to the gut . . . .the part that says " how then shall we see the approach of danger "

More
30 Jan 2021 07:01 #5 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
Runaway Dem climate changers, tree huggers have wind in their sails now and will do whatever makes others mad, uncomfortable or make our heads explode. Low hanging fruit will be first, lawn mowers, weedwhackers, leaf blowers, model airplane engines and old general aviation airplanes. Only big airline training schools will get a pass for the next generation of pilots, the AF supply train of future pilots is drying up with reduction in manned aircraft as they transition to drones and space command.

More
29 Jan 2021 22:48 #6 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
I agree with Ronald, it isn't climate change. Follow the money. The quantity of 100LL is so small, production is an irritant for oil companies. If GA had the volume of automobiles, the problem would have been solved.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds