Breadcrumbs

× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

My 1947 415cd and low max gross

More
07 Sep 2022 12:44 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic My 1947 415cd and low max gross
Lynn, what dose your inst panel look like. Is it just the basic panel or has a lot been added to it. Only need 3 + Eng. gauges How about the side panel are they padded? Just like us, it is harder to take off weigh than put it on. Like Larry said you have to look at everything...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lynn Kramer
18 Aug 2022 19:19 #2 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic My 1947 415cd and low max gross
You are right about heavy equipment in the panel.

• Lynn Kramer
18 Aug 2022 19:17 #3 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic My 1947 415cd and low max gross
Is there any way for you to lighten the plan a little. I routinely take off with 4 gals. in each tank. What does your plane weigh? I only tank up when on a xcountry.

More
27 Mar 2022 20:40 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic My 1947 415cd and low max gross
You can try to help the plane lose weight. Old instruments can be very heavy. Replace the generator with an alternator. Remove any old interior pieces that might be heavy. Get a light battery. Some strobe systems are heavy. Clean out the bottom of the fuselage. If you can make it 36 pounds lighter you can add 6 more gallons of gas. When we took my antique attitude indicator, DG and Venturi I lost nearly 20 pounds!

• Coby Cannon
  • Topic Author
27 Mar 2022 20:04 #5 by Coby Cannon
My 1947 415cd and low max gross was created by Coby Cannon
I need to fly with an instructor as I’m new to the plane yet with an EW of 930 with myself at 180 and my instructor at 200 I’m over Leaves me 10 lbs for fuel.  Max gross is 1320 To qualify LSA.  85hp engine.  Any way around this?  The plane will be useless to me if I can’t find a way to get two pilots on board

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds