Breadcrumbs

throttle/high RPM issues

• Clay McCutchan
  • Topic Author
15 Apr 2021 08:15 #1 by Clay McCutchan
Replied by Clay McCutchan on topic throttle/high RPM issues
Matt Gunsch,
If possible I would like to link you up with Bob Kaba who is working my carb rpm issue by phone or e-mail direct. This is the first time Bob has worked on the carb etc but is a very experienced mech: 40 plus years aviation mech, contractor to US Navy at NAS Pensacola, A&P, IA, DME etc. Years of light plane work etc.
My number is 850-240-3217 and e-mail- This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Bob Kaba_850-572-6885

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clay McCutchan
  • Topic Author
14 Apr 2021 17:38 #2 by Clay McCutchan
Replied by Clay McCutchan on topic throttle/high RPM issues
Matt,

Thanks much, big help, by chance would you have a photo of the proper installed arm on the carb showing how all his hooked up. Would be a big help. I am not flying the plane until we get it fixed. Thanks in advance for your help.
Clay T. McCutchan, Milton, FL Coupe N-91N

More
14 Apr 2021 08:12 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic throttle/high RPM issues
Be careful! I wouldn’t fly a plane that wouldn’t idle!

More
14 Apr 2021 08:01 #4 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic throttle/high RPM issues
you are not hitting the idle stop on the carb, The cable did not shrink, so the issue is how it was reinstalled. Look at the arm on the carb and have someone move the throttle, it should hit both the idle and full throttle stops on the carb.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

• Clay McCutchan
  • Topic Author
13 Apr 2021 15:09 #5 by Clay McCutchan
throttle/high RPM issues was created by Clay McCutchan
We had to referb the header tank, take it out of plane and in process throttle was disconnected from carb.  Tank repaired and back in plane but despite our best efforts lowest ground RPM is 1000RPM and lowest inflight RPM is now 1300.  This results in excessive landing distance. 

Any ideas on how to set the throttle link to carb so ground/air RPM limits lower.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds