Breadcrumbs

Right turn at altitude, straight and level flight - Ercoupe 415-D

More
04 Nov 2019 16:46 #13 by Ken Thompson
I have approximately 10-12 inch tabs on both ailerons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
04 Nov 2019 05:27 #14 by Henry Pasquet
No tabs, but the book says to lightly bend the trailing edge of the aileron that will do the same thing as a trim tab. Find someone who knows how to do it. Rigging will have no effect as long as the rudders are straight when the ailerons are.

More
03 Nov 2019 05:49 #15 by William James
Todd
I have had my coupe over 3 years and are experiencing the exact same happening. I had the plane re rigged to specs. Still have the same situation . . . decided its not a serious problem and will accept it.. No trim tabs on the Ercoupe

Love the bird !

Bill
N919BJ

• Todd Halver
  • Topic Author
17 Oct 2019 06:52 #16 by Todd Halver
Thanks Ronald...will review Memo 35, just downloaded it. I am fortunate that the A&P who did the most recent annual and rigging is still in the area so will work with him on tuning the rigging.

More
16 Oct 2019 21:41 #17 by Ronald Raty
You will want to read Ercoupe Service Memorandum 35. It addresses how to verify your plane is rigged properly. One of the last steps is to correct for wing heaviness. It involves sheet metal pliers and bending stuff..

www.univair.com/content/ERC_SM35.pdf

• Todd Halver
  • Topic Author
16 Oct 2019 13:27 #18 by Todd Halver
I have only been flying my Ercoupe for a couple months now so still getting used to the aircraft. Had the opportunity to complete my 150nm XC requirement for my PPL yesterday and noticed a consistent right turn when in straight and level flight at 3000 AGL with little wind at altitude. Let go of yoke and it gently rolls into an 20 degree right turn. Is this the result of the flight controls needing adjustment or is this a common performance characteristic (don't believe it would be). I understand typical left turning tendencies but not sure what is contributing to this right turn. Remember, new to the Coupe so I have a lot to learn - any help would be appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds